Originally presented October 21, 2019
Dr. Steve Albrecht, a nationally recognized workplace violence expert and the author of the 2015 ALA book, Library Security: Better Communications, Safer Facilities, discusses recent trends in library security, including
- - workplace violence threats and active shooter responses;
- - preventing sexual and racial harassment of staff by patrons;
- - dealing with challenging patrons;
- - safe interactions with homeless patrons;
- - keeping rural library locations safe; and
- - managing workplace stress.
This webinar was co-sponsored by library 2.0.
You can download the slides from the presentation by clicking here:
Library 2.0 (www.library20.com) is a free online community of 28,000 librarians from around the world. Library 2.0 hosts a series of free online mini-conferences on library-related topics, with hundreds of conference keynote and regular presentations available in the community archive. We also offer a series of hour-long paid webinars (and their recordings) given by Dr. Steve Albrecht on security and management topics. The webinars and their recordings can be purchased at Library20.com or in the Library 2.0 Niche Academy at https://my.nicheacademy.